PROUD TO BE PART OF THE LORAIN COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Lorain County Democratic Party Statement of Core Values
Pictured from left to right: Charles Pervo, Jean Sekulic, Bill Svec
The Lorain County Democratic Party’s guiding principle is that all people are best served by an economic system that is reasonably regulated by a free and open, democratically elected government. Good government is responsive and accountable to the residents it serves. To that end, the LCDP adopts the following core values:
1. A strong, productive and expanding middle class is the single most effective way to create opportunities for the poorest members of our society while rewarding the most productive members in our society.
2. Capitalism is most productive when private capital is combined with organized labor through a process of negotiated agreements; therefore the LCDP strongly supports laws and regulations which promote and protect the rights of people to organize into labor unions.
3. The best government is not necessarily the least government, but rather is the most efficient government which protects our economic system and those of society who are least able to protect themselves. To that end, the LCDP strongly supports laws and regulations which create opportunities for all people to participate in and enjoy the benefits of our economic system.
4. It is the responsibility of the state or federal government to provide a basic, but complete education to everyone who desires an education; to provide a health care system which guarantees access to all citizens in a fair and equitable manner; to provide all citizens with a social retirement program sufficient to maintain the basics of life including food, shelter, and medical care even when that person is unable to work due to age or infirmity; to provide a safe environment for life and property; to address our biggest environmental challenges, from protecting our Great Lakes to investing in clean energy solutions to preserving our natural wonders for future generations; and to provide an efficient and safe infrastructure for transportation and communication among its citizens.
5. It is the responsibility of all citizens to care for and support their children; to ensure that their children receive a proper education; to participate in our democracy by voting on issues and candidates at all elections, and to abide by those laws and rules of society which have been adopted in accordance with our state and federal constitutions.